Already viewed the webinar? The CE exam is here.
Webinar I - Provider & Payer Options: Helping Your Patients Understand & Navigate Available Resources
1.5 hours CEs
The PPAI webinar training series kicks off with an exploration of the all-important areas of payer and provider options—two core elements of care that are essential for working advocates to understand. The trainers, Cathy and Jeanne, lead an educational discovery of various benefits resources and provider options. The program will teach you how to achieve the following competencies within the two categories below:
Supplementing Payer Benefits Resource
- Identify community-based programs, i.e., medical services, supplies, equipment and clinics in the community.
- Locate various transportation options for patients for access to appointments.
- Identify programs for free or low-cost prescriptions and assist patients to apply for them.
- Offer factual information to patients on provider credentialing, mortality rates, infection rates, and other relevant information so that the patient can make an informed choice about whom they want to see and where they wish to be treated for the best opportunity to reach the desired outcome.
- Locate clinical trial options available to the patient's diagnosis.
- Research and locate new treatments.
- Secure second opinions.
- Explain coverage stipulations and alternatives for uncovered services.
- Identify specific services the client needs.
- Assist the patient in navigating the system to meet his/her needs as agreed.
- Referral to an advanced CCM or GCM when needed.
Webinar Program Objectives
- Gain the knowledge patient advocates need to deliver patients with the payer and provider options necessary for smooth and successful outcomes.
- Learn about the diverse options available that can help your patient/client receive the care they need.
- Discover the programs through which you can secure the right resources and services.
- Understand how to secure the provision of crucial supplies, equipment and other clinical services, as well as transportation and prescription drugs.
- Understand when to advance the plan of care to alternative or higher levels.
- Understand -- in-depth -- the channels of the healthcare system to aid patient navigation.
- Identify the most pertinent treatment options and available resources.
Become a member today.